Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Fiber Groups are one of my favorite things!

Whether you are a knitter, spinner, fiber artist, weaver or needlework, crafting groups are worth finding and joining. It is a wonderful way to meet people who share your passions, to share ideas and knowledge. Most importantly it is an opportunity to share your life experiences, connect with many different people, and develop life long friends. You laugh and cry together. You share the joys and sorrows. You uplift and comfort each other. You find wonderful people who support and encourage you. I can't express how important they are to your mental, social, creative health. People are not ment to live in a vacuum. We thrive better in groups.

I have been fortunate to belong to the Heartfelt Knitters for several years now. I do not know how I would have gotten through several trying years without their support. I look forward to every get together. I love hearing about their families and adventures. We share out projects, exchange ideas, and help each other. I have grown as a person and have become a better knitter/crocheter because of them. Our get togethers are monthly and usually last about 2 hours with desert and coffee or tea. These ladies can bake! We have dinner together at Christmas time followed by wonderful treats. We exchange secret Santa gifts and enjoy the holidays. I can not imagine life without this group.

Tonight I was invited to join a fiber group that is beginning in our City. We had a potluck dinner, talked, spun, knitted and enjoyed a beautiful evening in a beautiful old building. The door to the roof top patio garden was open and it was a lovely sight. People came to Easton from Northern New Jersey, Central New Jersey, and of course, those of us from Easton to be a part of this group.  I enjoyed meeting all the wonderful people (including one man!), hearing about their background and lives. I was welcomed by all and immediately felt like I'd known them for a long time. The food was wonderful, diverse and plentiful. We will meet monthly and I can not wait for it. I had so much fun! 

I encourage any fiber artist - knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlework - to find these groups and join them if possible. You will not regret it! 

Enjoy and have fun!
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome, Nancy! Maybe I should consider this monthly group!? I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love them! Such a diverse group. I think you would enjoy it. They meet the second Wednesday of the month normally. Abby hopes for us to meet in the Woolcroft studio next time. She and Ian have been trying to get it done.

      Delete