Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Red and Pink Wool is done!

This roving I call Watermelon.


I love color mix almost as much as the brown/copper! I was hoping to post a pic of the sky blue/lemon yellow alpaca today but there was a lot of dye left in the dye bath. I added another 2.6 ounces of alpaca fiber to the bath. That should be exhausted in a day or two! I am amazed how much dye is left in the bath with the 2 ounces of alpaca versa the dye bath with the 2 ounces of wool. I'm not sure if the density of the fiber has something to do with it or the if it is the intensity of the dye. The Kraemer's wool I used in the first to dye baths is a dense wool. When spinning that wool it does not draft easily, even when pre-drafted. The alpaca drafts almost effortlessly.

Well more experimenting to come!

See you all soon!
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment