Monday, February 17, 2014

Lap Blankets for Chemo Bag

It has been a busy month! The monthly sock knitting has been suspended for February so I can get some of these projects done.

I've been working on two lap blankets for The Chemo Bag.  I have one completed. It was adapted from Lion Brands 5 1/2 Hour Throw. This one has 17 "V" stitches across rather than 19. I crocheted until it was long enough.  I used Loops & Thread yarn. I am pleased with the results. 




The second one is half-way done. I took a little break from it to work on two smaller projects.  I used the same Star Shell Afghan pattern I used for Pam's lap blanket.  For this one, when crocheting the bottom half of the shell, I crocheted in the back loop.  With Pam's I crocheted through both base loops. Crocheting in the back loop creates a "ridge" between sections.  I like both techniques.


The yarn for the burgundy and gray is Red Heart Super Saver. The dark and light blue is Brava from Knit Picks. Brava is softer of the two yarns and has a nice drape.

Enjoy!

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment