Monday, February 3, 2014

Lap Blanket for Pam

One of my co-workers will be having surgery in the near future. She lost her husband in February of 2013 and in February 2014 she has to have tumor removed from her small intestine. So I got a large Vera Bradley tote that our office will fill with goodies for her. I made her this lap blanket using Red Heart yarn.




It is in the laundry, which a plus of Red Heart. This yarn can be laundered repeatedly and holds up beautifully.  The pattern is the Star Shell Crochet.  This was my Grandmother's pattern of choice. She made these by the dozens and I have a pile of them! I love these blankets and I hope Pam loves it!

I got the idea from one of the Heartfelt Knitters, Nancy Bossert.  She requested that our group make lap blankets for The Chemo Bag, www.thechemobag.com. I thought the concept was a great idea and adapted to a bag for Pam.  Well now I need to get one, hopefully two, blankets for is wonderful organization!

Happy Knitting! Stay safe and warm! Just think of all these days we are getting dumped on by the snow gods as days to let the creative juices flow and enjoy!

Nancy


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I am sure she will love it and will appreciate the bag.

    ReplyDelete