Sunday, February 15, 2015

Finishes this week!

I was happy to finish one older WIP, one new project, and a skein of yarn! I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with finishing a project, especially an older WIP!

The older WIP is my blanket with sleeves. The pattern is Winter Warmth in the booklet "Snuggle Up!"  I used Red Heart Super Saver. The dark color is actually Dark Teal, though it comes out more blue in the picture.



I finished "A Noble Cowl". This is an easy pattern and fun knit. It took a few nights to complete. The yarn is from A Hundred Ravens. The color is Here We Are Dragons. It is the softest merino wool I've worked with.


I finally plied the winter storm singles. I decided to try N-Plying (navajo or chain plying). It was the first time I tried this technique. I like it and it is easier than I thought. I ended up with 38 yds of a worsted or bulky yarn.  I will determine the weight once the twist has been set. 


I start spinning a fiber I purchased from Taylored Fibers. It is 50% SW Merino/50% Tencel. 


Fiber happiness! Enjoy!

Nancy





1 comment: