Sunday, January 18, 2015

Vogue Knitting Live NYC 2015

I love this event! It was a long day and A LOT of walking and shopping! I again went with my Sister in-law Beth. We had a great time and were exhausted when we got home. This was the 5th year for Vogue Knitting Live.

There were knitted scuptures representing the wonders of the world. I didn't get pictures of all of them, but here are a few.







Then there was Mochimochi..


A kitchen filled with "delicious" and calorie free foods!





Some wild masks



Featured garments that appeared this year in Vogue Knitting Magazine










There was a display of knitting with glass.


Beth and I watched the StephenBe and Steven West fashion show. The Stephen & Steven tour will be at The Knitte's Edge in February. Can't wait. These two are fun and fabulous! Their love of color and style is infectious.

And then there was the shopping!! My haul for this year (lots of cashmere)....



I was so happy to see a vendor with drop spindles and lucets. It is difficult to see, but I did purchase a 7/8 oz drop spindle (for alpaca), .4 oz mini drop spindle (for silk), and a lucet.

Until next year!!
Happy Knitting!
Nancy





























1 comment:

  1. Love the food display they did this year. The sweaters are gorgeous, as is the muff. You did well!!! I may consider going again next year; remind me!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete