Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2010 Advent Scarf

No that is not a typo. I finally finished the 2010 Advent Scarf! During December I am usually too busy to participate in the KAL (Knit Along) for the Advent Scarf. I do collect the patterns (one day I may do 2011-2014 Advent Scarves). One common element of all Advent Scarves that are out there, they are very long scarves!! This one is roughly 7 feet, which is a common length. The  Advent Scarf I follow is out of Germany and is a Lace Advent Scarf. On Ravelry, it is the 24 Days of Christmas Group.

I started this scarf in the Winter of 2011. I have worked on it and put it aside often since then. It was finally finished this week!! I love it! Though it needs to be washed and blocked, I decided to share some pictures. I will be the first to admit there are some mistakes. Not all lace patterns were knitted perfectly, but it came out beautiful.







Happy Knitting!
Nancy D






1 comment: