Saturday, December 6, 2014

Silk Scarf

Yesterday I took the afternoon off of work to go to Christkindlemarkt in Bethlehem, PA. I have not been there in a couple of years and miss walking around. The first purchase was Apple Strudel for my husband. The last time I went, I waited to the end of the day and they were out! There were alot of wonderful vendors. The talent is amazing! Though I did but a couple of things for myself, there was one purchase that made the worth while. I dyed my own silk scarf. I had so much fun! The gentleman had a trough of water that I dripped paint into and then swirled it in spirals. I wanted a Christmas Scarf, so I chose red, green, white, and gold. He chose different shades of red and green as my accents. I just love the resutls!




His website is www.createyourownsilkscarf.com. He books parties as well.

Happy dyeing!
Nancy




2 comments:

  1. The scarf is beautiful!!! I believe NB did this a few years ago too and we tried to get the knitters interested in a party, but no success. We should try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun! It would be great if we could get the knitters interested! I need to publish my blog post from our Christmas exchange. I have it drafted, need to add the pics!

    ReplyDelete