Thursday, January 23, 2014

Vogue Knitting Live NYC January 18, 2014

What a day! Vogue Knitting Live was sensory overload! Can't wait for next year!

Two members of the Heartfelt Knitters, Rose and Sharon, my sister-in-law Beth, and I took a bus trip to NYC for Vogue knitting Live. It was a fiber artist's dream. So much to see, touch, learn, experience, and buy. And buy I did! Beth and I learned to arm knit with Vickie Howell. Arm knitting is fun and so easy! We went to a session on Yoga for Knitters. Learn what yoga routines and poses are good for knitters. They really helped to relieve the strain on the neck, shoulders, back, hands and arms. We had an opportunity to meet designer StevenBe. Enjoyed chatting with him! 

And shop, and shop, and shop! I purchased tons of yarn. Beautiful cashmere, blue Heron metallic rayon, alpaca core yarn to knit rugs, size 36 circular needles to knit the rugs, a yarn pop bag I love, and more yarn! Beth and I got a coupon for a free scarf kit from Fine Points, Inc. 

Here are a few pictures from the day. Enjoy!

Some of the friends I was fortunate to travel with to NYC. The crocheted pieces behind us were stunning!


Fun and funky vendors


Gorgeous felted chess set!




Some funky hats!


Good enough to eat! Now that is happy food!

Under the sea ...isn't she lovely!

Arm knitting with Vickie Howell!



No fuss garden!



Free scarf kit from Fine Points, Inc

Purchases!!! :)

Happy knitting!

Nancy
















1 comment: