Sunday, December 29, 2013

A little something for me

With all the Christmas knitting and crocheting done, I decided to crochet something for myself. I had a pattern for fingerless gloves for sometime. It was a free pattern I found online. The yarn is Patton's Kroy sock yarn in a brown/gray marble. As you can see, I was not concerned with the stripes matching!



At Thanksgiving, my Sister-in-law Beth showed my an afghan she was making for her sister Audra. It is a copy of the granny square afghan on the TV show Parks and Recreation. I will admit, I had never heard of the show. She showed me the yarn she was using and asked for help understanding how to start a granny square. The yarn was Bravo from Knit Picks. She told me some of the colors were on sale. Of course, that night I ordered a couple skeins of some of the sale colors. I had no idea what I wanted to do with this yarn. I was researching different granny squares after my conversation with Beth. I realized I had a number of 6" square patterns. Perfect to play with this yarn. The resulting project is an infinity scarf of these granny squares. What a fun project!











The last "little something for me" is an addition to our "zoo". Yep, another Bengal cat. Here is Azure Ice or Z as we call him. He is a Solid Snow Seal Bengal. Welcome Z!


 
 
Finally! My blog posts are up-to-date! I'll see you in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment